Understanding My Bill
Example Billing Statement
Click to view explanations on the different areas of your bill. Example is for informational purposes. The dollar figures shown do not reflect current rates. Please contact us if you have any questions.
US Postal Service delivery of paper bills is the standard billing method.
- Customers will receive paper bills unless electronic bills are requested. Customers may request ebills by contacting our office or logging into online-billpay.
- Your preferred billing method can be changed at any time. However, if a bill is already being prepared when you request a change in billing type, you may receive one more bill in the prior format.
More Information about:
E-bill offers customers advantages over paper bills.
- It’s not subject to mail theft. Sent directly to your email inbox.
- Go Green! E-billing reduces paper waste.
- No need to open an envelope or dispose of the bill.
- You can always return to paper bills any time you choose
- Privacy protected and secure
You will need your account number and Unique ID (found on your bill until your account is registered) on hand when you log in to enroll. When you enroll you will create a user ID and password for future access to your online account.
Rental property accounts will only be opened and maintained under owner names. Tenants may not open accounts under their own name.
Rental property owners retain responsibility for the water service account for their property at all times. Terms and conditions regarding water service payment contained in rental or lease agreements are between the property owner and tenant and are not binding upon the Authority. A duplicate bill may be issued to the tenant upon request.
Billing Schedule & Fees
Bills are typically issued between the 23rd and 25th of the month. Variations occur due to times involved in reading of meter and re-reads.
Payment Due Date
Payment is due on the 20th day of the month after the billing statement date. The due date is shown in the upper right corner of your billing statement.
Reminder Notice & Fee
If payment is not received by the due date, a late payment reminder is mailed and a $5.00 notice fee is assessed.
Past Due Notice & Fee
Accounts unpaid by the Reminder Notice due date receive a Past Due notice by mail and a $10.00 late fee assessed.
Shut-Off & Fee
To avoid disruption of service and a $40.00 fee, a payment must be received by 8:00 a.m. on the due date shown on the past due notice.
No fee will be assessed for service restoration during business hours. Service restoration outside of business hours will be assessed an after-hours non-emergency service fee of $200.00.
Unauthorized Service Restoration Penalty
Service turned on by any party other than Sunrise Staff will result in the assessment of a $300 Unauthorized Service Restoration penalty. Any meter tampering occurring after assessment of an Unauthorized Service Restoration penalty, may result in removal of the meter. Actual costs for meter removal will be added to the delinquent account.
If your bill seems high to you, there’s steps you can take to verify if that’s the case.
Review your consumption history
- Log on to Online Bill Pay to compare your current bill with earlier bills from the same time period.
- If the consumption pattern is consistent until recent bills, request a re-read to rule out any meter reading errors.
Check for leaks using you water meter
- Instructions on how to track down a leak using your water meter can be found on the Troubleshooting page.
Call us for help
- Our customer service staff can assist you with any questions you may have about your bill. Call 503-761-0220 Monday through Friday between 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM for immediate assistance, or email [email protected].