Tips to help protect your home plumbing:
- Disconnect and drain outdoor hoses.
- Shut off the valve to your irrigation system and drain the lines.
- Insulate pipes or faucets in unheated areas of the house.
- Seal off outside access doors and cracks to keep the cold out.
- Cover or close vented areas to your home's crawl space.
- Locate your master shutoff so you know where it is if you do have a pipe break.
Sign up for PublicAlerts
PublicAlerts is a centralized clearinghouse for public notifications, from water emergencies to school closures. Sign up now!